Product Development at Breville is all about delivering product excellence. Truthfully, every team in the business is driven by the desire to create the best product they can. When we’re at our best we keep the customer at the centre of our vision, working together to deeply understand the moments that matter to them in the kitchen and essentially deliver appliances that represent ‘mastery in a box’. We know we’ve delivered mastery when we can hand on heart say that the food results are better, simpler to achieve, involve less time and hassle and are more engaging to create. Creating products with this difference means taking the time to really understand food & the user, having the courage to try new and difficult things, having the tenaciousness to see them through with good humour and an openness to learn and evolve along the way. This is summed up by our tagline ‘master every moment’, something that is deeply embedded in the way we work.
All that… and we’re based in sunny Sydney Australia! Our office is located within a ½ an hour of our world-famous beaches and 15minute train ride from the iconic Sydney Opera House and vibrant CBD. Based in Alexandria, our corporate campus is nestled in a bustling former industrial precinct that is growing some serious foodie credentials. Interested? Read on.
About Global Product
Breville’s philosophical position on product development is that it is very much an evolving dialogue between what is desirable for the customer, technically possible to achieve, and commercially viable to deliver. Therefore no one discipline can impose its will on the other. Innovation at Breville is every inch a team sport! You’ll get to work with an amazing array of passionate development specialists, from designers and engineers to food specialists, UX teams and digital architects in a fun and collaborative environment. We have always had a collaborative, iterative and people focused method for developing products and have recently documented Phase 1 of a bolstered development process to help us scale as we grow (the team has doubled in size in the last five years). We want to move from disciplined, lean experimentation to develop and vet ideas; to iterative, agile development to establish product feasibility and work up detailed designs; to a more waterfall based execution to industrialise products for manufacture.
The role supports the Strategic Insights Manager in building and implementing the division’s Dashboard program. The Dashboard program has been created to enable scalable growth, create more accountability and drive autonomous decision making with in the Global Product division.
As a result of impending parental leave, we are looking for someone to take on a full time role for a fixed term period until July 2020. Contract could extend beyond this date.
The primary objectives of the role are to:
- Create and maintain dashboard documentation in line with the existing Dashboard implementation framework
- Create communication packs, and coordinate availability with, and follow up input required from key stakeholders
- Maintain the project implementation plan for each dashboard, signal significant variations to SIM, and assist with project management of the dashboard program
- Assist SIM in driving consensus, and creating buy-in for the Dashboard program from relevant stakeholders
- Maintain the operation of key Dashboard models that form an important part of the Global Product operations cycle
- Facilitate operationalisation of the Dashboards by working with cross-functional teams to build, test and launch Dashboards
- Track and maintain already implemented Dashboards and generate high quality insights where required using Microsoft Excel, Power BI and other relevant/ useful tools
- Research and add to the existing body of knowledge around each Dashboard which helps: i. Inform the Dashboard’s framework ii. Support it’s applicability iii. Maintain or augment it’s relevance
- Provide analytical support to the SIM where required to advance the Dashboard program
Qualifications and experience
- Bachelor Degree in a Business-oriented discipline (Economics, Commerce, Finance, Accounting, etc).
- Exposed to, or has experience contributing to performance management frameworks and/or insights programs
- Decision support experience
- Significant knowledge of and experience with Powerpoint, Excel, Visualisation tools like PowerBI, QlikSense and exposure to information databases
- Logical reasoning, and critical thinking abilities
- Strong communication and organisational skills
- Strong program/project management capabilities
- Positive personality with ability to achieve-buy in from a range of stakeholders
- Demonstrable growth mindset and ability to take direct, candid feedback
- Ability to work autonomously, propose ways of working and seeing ideas through to completion