Since its foundation in 1932, Breville has grown with changing lifestyles and technologies, and has evolved to become one of the most iconic Australian organisations known today. With an impressive list of internationally recognised products under its belt, The Breville Group are responsible for some of the world's most innovative and premium products, such as those offered across the Breville, Kambrook and Nespresso ranges.
We are seeking a Digital Solutions Engineer based in our Head Office in Alexandria. The role will report into the Group IT Digital Manager.
- Working closely with business units to help define a wide range of technical solutions for medium to small scale digital transformation projects. This role will be responsible for working in a small team where their remit will cover multiple areas;
- Collection of requirements
- Design of solution
- Implementation of solution
- Transition of solution to BAU
- Translating business requirements, ideas and plans into a structured technical business case to outline, objectives, requirements, effort, options. Furthermore, requirement to feed this information back up to an executive team where it can be assessed in a demand queue.
- Being transparent and managing communications re project status with a wide range of stakeholders. Understanding communication requirements and setting up the correct cadence for communications sent out.
- Role will be responsible for defining the solution based on the business requirements collected.
- Working closely with a range of technologies to develop and implement in an Agile approach. This role expected to learn technologies as they come up and, within reason, expected to work and develop solutions for the business. More often than not, this process will happen in a prototyping fashion where cycles of iteration can start during the requirements gathering phases.
- In situations where external consultancy or contractors need to be involved, this role will be responsible for managing their project deliverables. Expecting management of deliverables, budget and timing.
- As per all solutions and implementation there will be a responsibility to create transition support plan to BAU support teams.
- Tertiary qualifications in Information Technology, Business or related disciplines.
- Technical certifications in solutions pertaining to Database, Development, Cloud, Business Analyst
Professional Experience: Essential:
- Experience working within complex & diverse IT environments.
- Experience in maintaining business expectations and scoping for projects
- Experience in collecting business requirements and transitioning them to technical solutions
- Experience in conceptual solution design, process design & documentation.
- Experience in stakeholder engagement (IT & Non-IT) expectation and relationship management.
- Experience working with Project management methodologies (Waterfall and Agile)
- Demonstrated experience in taking current IT trends and applying these into their current environment.
- Demonstrated experience in working in and designing database centric solutions
- Experience working with ITIL aligned processes (Incident, Problem, Change & Release)
- Experience in developing business training and support transition plans
- Experience in developing BI and
- Understanding of programming and development processes (SQL, PYTHON, JAVA etc)
- Knowledge working on Microsoft PowerApps, PowerBI, SharePoint Online
- Knowledge working on Atlassian Confluence, Jira and Bitbucket
- Strong understanding and technical aptitude of Microsoft Excel and other Office365 solutions
Key Competencies/Behaviours Required:
- A positive, results oriented and customer focused attitude.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Excellent Problem Diagnostic and solving skills.
- Excellent written and technical documentation skills.
- A desire to take responsibility and ownership to see actions/issues through to completion.
- Efficient time management skills.
- Ability to work independently and/or in a team.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Attention to Detail
In return for your hard work and dedication you will be valued and appreciated for your contribution to the Breville global family. We are a strong supporter of growth and development within our ranks and offer a competitive market rate remuneration package as well as various employee benefits including great staff discounts on all our electrical products.