Product Development at Breville is all about delivering product excellence. Truthfully, every team in the business is driven by the desire to create the best product they can. When we’re at our best we keep the customer at the heart of our vision, working together to deeply understand the moments that matter to them in the kitchen and essentially deliver appliances that represent ‘mastery in a box’. We know we’ve delivered mastery when we can hand on heart say that the food results are better, simpler to achieve, involve less time and hassle and are more engaging to create. Creating products with this difference means taking the time to really understand food & the user, having the courage to try new and difficult things, having the tenaciousness to see them through with good humour and an openness to learn and evolve along the way. This is summed up by our tagline ‘master every moment’, something that is deeply embedded in the way we work.
This role is best suited to someone who is well organised, has high attention to detail and is a curious learner. It will give you great experience and exposure to the overall process of small appliance product development in an AU head office company that truly puts the consumer at the heart of development. As an Assistant Category Manager at Breville, your role requires becoming a global consumer and product guru. The core of the role is to assist your direct manager the Global Category manager and your client the General manager of Product lifecycle management in the development and rollout of market expansion projects. You will be assisting predominantly in life cycle management as we embark on a global role out of core products. As you grow, you may also have the opportunity, to own and master an OPD project which will give you a great scope of commercial and product management. Your category team is focused on establishing a compelling, competitively differentiated category and product strategy. You will be working closely with them, receiving great cross functional business exposure which will set you up for a promising career in product management.
What we’re looking for:
We are looking for a highly organised and detail orientated person who is collaborative and eager to learn. This role will have a wide breadth of exposure across global business units and will offer in-depth exposure to a highly awarded global company that is experiencing significant growth. We are on a rapid global expansion journey and you will be working closely with your manager, the Global Category Manager, and Post-Product Development Team. This is a rare and exciting global role that will give you great foundations for career success, you will have exposure to a head office environment including involvement in road mapping, ideation sessions market expansion and end -to end product lifecycle management. You will need to have confidence liaising with global stakeholders and have great organisation and communication skills. You’ll be supported by your direct manager the global category manager and have exposure with Head of Category Management and your Business Unit GM to help set you up for a successful career in product innovation.
Qualifications and experience
- 1-2 + of Product Management (or equivalent) experience
- Post-Secondary Degree in Marketing or Business
- Demonstrated ability to work in a collaborative team environment, work unsupervised, and eager to produce exception results.
- Highly detail orientated, organised and action orientated.
Passion for Product and Consumer
- Passionate about product development with confidence to speak up about key product features and keep them at the heart of decision making.
Effective and highly detail orientated
- Ability to remain detail focused and deliver to tight timelines whilst managing multiple products on the go
- Commercial acumen & entrepreneurial spirit
- Mix of analytical skills and creative mindset
- Strong communication skills – both listening & asking questions
- Integrity & ability to keep confidential material confidential
- High task and organizational ability
- Able to effectively manage delivery though influencing and motivating your peers & stakeholders
Strategic thinker and naturally curious
- Open minded to new ideas & points of view
- Intensely interested in understanding the customer & their needs
- The ability to spot opportunities for genuine differentiation and not compete with competitors on their terms.
Come and make your mark with this global leader by applying today via the Apply Now button.
Breville Group is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.