Since its foundation in 1932, Breville has grown with changing lifestyles and technologies, and has evolved to become one of the most iconic Australian organisations known today. With an impressive list of internationally recognised products under its belt, The Breville Group are responsible for some of the world’s most innovative and premium products offered across the Breville, Kambrook and Nespresso ranges.
We are seeking an experienced Electrical Engineer to join our growing New Product Development team. Reporting to the Head of Electrical Engineering, your role will be focused on carrying out electronics design, validation, and verification activities, communicating with suppliers and contributing to the overall success of projects in terms of quality, time, and cost.
This role is a permanent, full-time position based in Alexandria, Sydney.
Key responsibilities include:
- Designing a functional circuit for prototype for projects or/and Applied-Technology
- Building a functional circuit for prototype for projects or/and Applied-Technology
including Soldering components on board
- Conducting verification and validation tests for PCBA and small electrical appliances according to specification
- Drafting testing plans
- Writing reports
- Conducting Failure Analysis for faulty appliances and PCBA
- Maintaining occupation, health and safety protocols
- Selecting components, constructing Bill of Materials, preparing technical documentations for electronic design such as schematic and layout, and preparing quotations of PCBA
- Working with Tier 1 and Tier 2 suppliers (travel overseas may be needed)
- Conducting DFMEA, PFMEA, DFx, Engineering Statistical Analysis, Manufacturing Capability Study
Qualifications and experience:
- Degrees or higher in Electronic and Electrical Discipline
- 1-5 years’ experience in an electronic and electrical industry
- knowledge in electronic circuit design and fault analysis
- Knowledge in schematic and layout design using Altium
- Knowledge in Arduino or/and software coding
- Knowledge in electronic and product manufacturing
- Knowledge in electronic and product compliance
- Able to work under stress
- Must have exceptional attention to detail, written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work both autonomously and as a collaborative team member
- Problem-solving skills
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
- Highly motivated, adaptable, and proactive
- Result oriented
- Demonstrate knowledge and highly willing to learn
We offer a positive and rewarding team environment and a competitive remuneration package, as well as great employee benefits including flexible work arrangements and helpful discounts on all our products.