Since its foundation in 1932, Breville has grown with changing lifestyles and technologies, and has evolved to become one of the most iconic Australian organisations known today. With an impressive list of internationally recognised products under its belt, The Breville Group are responsible for some of the world's most innovative and premium products offered across the Breville, Kambrook and Nespresso ranges.
We are seeking a Model Maker to work in at our head office in Alexandria. Reporting to the Model Shop Manager, your role will be focused on supporting the team in performing machining, prototyping, creating bespoke components, fabrication, assembly, and testing tasks in support of new and sourced product development.
Key responsibilities include:
- Operate conventional milling machines, lathes, general mechanical workshop machines, and welding equipment
- Develop products and components to design specifications
- Modification of sourced and new products to design and engineer requirements
- Perform model making. general engineering and fabrication jobs
- Set up CNC milling machines and lathes and be willing to learn CNC programming and Mastercam
- Assist with spray painting of all products
- Maintain all workshop machinery to a safe and operational standard
- Australian recognised trade qualified Fitter and 1st class Machinist/ Toolmaker/ Pattern maker
- 5+ years local machining experience with precision work involving multiple materials
- Experience in operating manual milling machine and lathes
- Experience operating toolroom/patternmaking machines
- Ability to read drawings and work to close tolerances with high attention to detail
- Experience with spray painting and colour matching will be highly regarded
- Problem solving skills
- Ability to work autonomously and within a team environment
- Understanding and commitment to OH&S requirements and maintaining a safe work environment
In return, we offer a fun and rewarding team environment and a competitive remuneration package, as well as great employee benefits including generous staff discounts on all our electrical products.
Come and make your mark with this global leader by applying today via the Apply Now button.
Breville Group is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.