Product Development at Breville is all about delivering product excellence. Truthfully, every team in the business is driven by the desire to create the best product they can. When we’re at our best we keep the customer at the centre of our vision, working together to deeply understand the moments that matter to them in the kitchen and essentially deliver appliances that represent ‘mastery in a box’. We know we’ve delivered mastery when we can hand on heart say that the food results are better, simpler to achieve, involve less time and hassle and are more engaging to create. Creating products with this difference means taking the time to really understand food & the user, having the courage to try new and difficult things, having the tenaciousness to see them through with good humour and an openness to learn and evolve along the way. This is summed up by our tagline ‘master every moment’, something that is deeply embedded in the way we work.
All that… and we’re based in sunny Sydney Australia! Our office is located within a ½ an hour of our world-famous beaches and 15minute train ride from the iconic Sydney Opera House and vibrant CBD. Based in Alexandria, our corporate campus is nestled in a bustling former industrial precinct that is growing some serious foodie credentials. Interested? Read on.
About Global Product
Breville’s philosophical position on product development is that it is very much an evolving dialogue between what is desirable for the customer, technically possible to achieve, and commercially viable to deliver. Therefore no one discipline can impose its will on the other. Innovation at Breville is every inch a team sport! You’ll get to work with an amazing array of passionate development specialists, from designers and engineers to food specialists, UX teams and digital architects in a fun and collaborative environment. We have always had a collaborative, iterative and people focused method for developing products and have recently documented Phase 1 of a bolstered development process to help us scale as we grow (the team has doubled in size in the last five years). We want to move from disciplined, lean experimentation to develop and vet ideas; to iterative, agile development to establish product feasibility and work up detailed designs; to a more waterfall-based execution to industrialise products for manufacture.
Reporting to the GM of Commercial, the role is to assist project teams and Portfolio General Managers with administration tasks required during the new product development process including:
- Assisting Portfolio General Managers to report new product launch dates and providing regular updates to the Go To Market team
- Coordinating between Product Development Managers, Go To Market teams and factories for production planning
- Monitoring projects and factories to ensure deliveries run to planned schedules
- Assisting project teams to order long lead time components
- Creating new projects in financial systems
- Recording key dates and project milestones
- Sourcing financial information for projects and portfolios
- Assisting teams with the project budgeting and forecasting process
- Coordinating teams to help monitor project KPI’s and metrics
- General administration tasks as required
This position is an 11 month contract position from May 2021.
Qualifications and Experience
- Experience working in a new product development environment preferred
- An ability to handle several projects concurrently. Being organised and working to deadlines
- Proficient in Excel, and able to carry out financial analysis of projects
- Experience with online collaboration tools such as Teams, Confluence, Sharepoint
- Excellent organisation and communication skills. Mandarin or Cantonese speaking an advantage
- Pro-active attitude and a service-oriented mindset
- Keen attention to detail and numbers
- Analytical thinking and ability to spot opportunities for change and improvement
- Strong communication, organisational and stakeholder management skills
- Demonstrated ability to self-manage and work to company deadlines
In return, we offer a fun and rewarding team environment and a competitive remuneration package, as well as great employee benefits including generous staff discounts on all our electrical products.
Breville is committed to creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. We encourage our employees to be themselves, respect the need for work-life balance, and career progression.