Over the past 80+ years Breville has grown to become an iconic global brand, delivering kitchen products to over 70 countries around the globe. Breville enhances people’s lives through the delivery of brilliant innovation and thoughtful design based on deep consumer insights, empowering people to do things more impressively or easily than they’d thought possible in their own home and ultimately allowing them to "Master Every Moment".
A career at Breville is truly a one-of-a-kind experience. It’s more than working for a global leader; it’s an opportunity to be a part of something that impacts people all over the world. If you’re ready for your next challenge, then a job at Breville is for you.
About the role
We are seeking an experienced Quality Engineer to work in our Global Product business unit. Reporting to the General Manager Quality Global, this role will be responsible for maintaining and implementing the Company’s Global Product quality system, ensuring quality related deliverables are fulfilled during and after the New Product Development (NPD) process, and continuous improvement initiatives.
This is a permanent, full-time position based in Alexandria, Sydney.
Key responsibilities of your new role will include but are not limited to:
- Working in small teams with Industrial Designers and Product Development Engineers, to deliver new products of in line with Breville’s outstanding quality standard.
- Carrying out product modification such as for Quality improvement or Market Expansion purposes
- Investigating quality feedback received from the field
- Managing Product Quality Warranty rate to meet the Group Target
- Compiling and delivering quality reports to Business Units and category-based teams
- Maintaining Product Compliance and Safety
- Generating and maintaining quality documentation, including Quality Control Specification, Life Test Specification, Technical Specification for Product Category
- Working with Suppliers for shipment and quality improvement program
We’re Interested in Hearing from People Who Have:
- A Bachelor's degree or tertiary qualification in engineering (electrical/mechanical knowledge essential)
- The ability to prioritise (project management experience desirable)
- Problem identification and troubleshooting skills
- Deep understanding of root-cause analysis (8D)
- Information compilation and Presentation Skills – MS Office
- Experience liaising with and supporting key suppliers
- High attention to detail with superior analytical and planning skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with a proven ability to collaborate cross functionally across the business to achieve business goals
- Exceptional organisational skills and proactive approach to their work
- Have a healthy level of optimism and resilience - to persevere when faced with setbacks or adversity
- Ability to work autonomously and as a team member
What we offer you:
- Flexible work arrangements
- Competitive remuneration package
- A fun and rewarding team environment
- Opportunity to work for an ASX listed company
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid parental leave
- Employee discounts of up to 50% on all our electrical products
- Corporate health and wellness benefits such as gym discounts, yoga classes, fruit, and more
Come and make your mark with this global leader by applying today via the Apply Now button.
Breville Group is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.