Founded in Australia in 1932, Breville has grown to become a world leader in Kitchen Appliances. We are driven by innovation, ‘Food Thinking’, and we love what we do. Our employment philosophy is to recruit people who share our passion and commitment in making Breville a world leader in product design and innovation.
Located at Breville’s new global head office in Alexandria, Sydney, you will be reporting to the IP Officer and will work on an array of strategically important IP-related projects in the home appliances vertical. You will work with our globally respected product development team on new technologies and IP disclosures by contributing comprehensive prior art searches and reports.
You will be responsible for conducting IP search projects in alignment with Breville’s IP strategy and communicating progress constructively to all invested parties for product development and litigation mitigation purposes. Key areas of responsibility include:
- Actively coordinate, report on, and present the workflow relating to IP search projects with internal and external teams.
- Performing various patent searches such as, Freedom to Operate, patentability and patent validity assessment in a variety of technology domains.
- Perform various other types of patent analyses, such as, claims mapping, portfolio analysis, patent categorisation, and competitor and technology tracking.
Qualifications and Experience
- Searching with IP databases such as Patsnap, Auspat, Espacenet, USPTO and WIPO for respective strategies in novelty, patentability, freedom to operate & validity
- History of contributing to advice for stakeholders which contribute to development and commercialisation.
- Technical undergraduate qualifications in Engineering, Sciences, or Industrial Design
- Training or equivalent experience in IP Law, IP Searching and IP Analytics
- Considerable experience performing IP searching and analytics in the fields of mechanical, electrical and computer science
- Substantial knowledge of in-house IP department operations and product development
- Broad technical understanding of industry relevant technologies and target consumer trends
- A flexible approach to work & be capable of handling multiple projects simultaneously
- You pride yourself on your exceptional client skills. You are delivery focused, solutions orientated and an absolute team player
- The ability to work effectively in a team environment, including virtual teams, collaborate widely both internally and externally and provide guidance to managers and staff
- An interest in food and food culture as embraced by Breville’s "Food Thinking" philosophy
What you'll get in return
The opportunity to work with global industry leaders in a diverse and dynamic environment. You will have a highly visible role to play in supporting the growth of Breville in an exciting and highly competitive marketplace.