Since its foundation in 1932, Breville has grown with changing lifestyles and technologies, and has evolved to become one of the most iconic Australian organisations known today. With an impressive list of internationally recognised products under its belt, The Breville Group are responsible for some of the world's most innovative and premium products offered across the Breville, Kambrook and Nespresso ranges.
We are seeking an experienced Solution Architect – Digital to work in our Technology Services business unit. Reporting to the VP of Enterprise Architecture, this role will be responsible for the supporting the development of Breville’s strategic global eCommerce and transformation initiatives.
This is a permanent, full-time position based in Alexandria, Sydney.
Key responsibilities include:
- The design of state-of-the-art commerce platforms utilizing modern opensource and other eCommerce platforms and custom-built solutions
- Continuous improvement initiatives - including working to bring in necessary eCommerce application, digital marketing, catalog, Product life cycle management, Product Information management, Digital asset management, Order orchestration, order automation, fallout management type system design skills in-house
- Establish standards for commerce development, ensure architectural fidelity, long term maintainability and adherence to long term strategic goals by working closely with development teams
Qualifications and experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or related experience
- 10+ years of software design/development in eCommerce and deep knowledge of web protocols (HTTP), web services and Restful API’s
- 10+ years of experience in Java microservices and complex transactional commerce systems
- Strong eCommerce experience building and designing applications – with CommerceTools application experience a nice to have
- Experience integrating different systems (ERP, Payment, CRM, SSO, Search, middleware etc.)
- Knowledge of complex integration architectures (ERP systems/EDI/SOAP/REST APIs)
- Knowledge of platform and integration technologies
- 3+ years working on cloud-native technologies (Azure, AWS, Google Cloud) and DevOps principles
- Experience building platforms using modern component based and Microservice architecture
- Experience with Lean product development and Agile software development principles and processes
- Experience with evolutionary software architectures that utilize microservices, APIs, event-driven platforms.
- Ability to articulate design principles to teams and ensure architectural fidelity
- A self-starter who is highly motivated
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to solve complex problems and act as required
- Ability to work in a start-up like environment
- Proven track record of delivering complex Agile IT projects with significant volume of change
- Highly customer-focused approach
- Demonstrable focus on delivering seamless customer experiences
In return, we offer a fun and rewarding team environment and a competitive remuneration package, as well as great employee benefits including generous staff discounts on all our electrical products.
Come and make your mark with this global leader by applying today via the Apply Now button.
Breville Group is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.